Friday 20 June 2014

Dear mom,

hey, 
Just wanted to apologize for being late to pizza lunch-
I had intended to get there on time and then had issues with my car…
I was there as soon as possible.

Regardless, I have been meaning to talk to you.
I planned to bite my tongue, but then decided that now was a good time to mention what i’ve been hearing.

It came to my attention at GARDEN FETE that there have been a couple of mom’s really undermining me at the school.
I was quite shocked when i was first told about the adjectives used to describe me-
Stuff like “mentally unstable”  and "unfit mom" really upset me.

I’ve heard about this now from more than one source-
I contemplated letting it go in the spirit of DON”T ever argue with people you don’t respect.
Today, after you seemed upset that i was late for the pizza event, I decided to let you know that i’ve been pretty upset with these rumours.

It would make me very happy to learn that what i heard was not actually true.
I would be even MORE thrilled to learn that there wasn’t more than one mom bad mouthing me at the school

So, if indeed these other mother’s have been lying to me, than i’m sorry for getting you involved at all.

And if you have been behind this gossip machine, than i’m truly sorry for you.

Just for the record (though i hope you keep this note private)
I have had some mental health issues.  That said, I’ve overcome a lot of obstacles and for that i’m very proud.
Yes, I have also had words with a teacher at the school.  And the principal too.
I was right.  Unquestionably correct.
My amazing 4 year old is having a terrible school year,  thanks to his teacher.
I’ve been quite vocal about this.  I might seem unfit when speaking to her, but that’s the LEAST of her issues.


I’m one of the most dedicated mother’s i know.
I run a phenomenal business, write a book, expose my kids to the world and keep a lovely happy home.
each night i prepare healthy and fun meals for the family
I never have had a nanny raise my children-I’m there for every school trip, pick up and drop off.
I’ve been class parent more than once.  I’ve volunteered my time.  Given money.  Products.  Attended every event…
I even attempted to sit on that school board a few times.  Well, we all know how THAT went down...


Again, If you haven’t been spreading these rumours about me, i 100% apologize for this email.


If you are the one who is keeping up this silly story, then, please find something more meaningful to do.
As a marketing and PR professional, I do and will always believe, that it’s great to have people talking about you…no matter what they say.
And sometimes even being a train wreck is OK—because train wrecks always make the first page!!

All my best, 

No comments:

Post a Comment